12. Let’s talk about the Olympics. Mike, which sport would you most like to watch your brother compete in? Maybe not his best sport, but the one you’d most like to see – I was thinking maybe diving from the high platform.
Mike: (Laughing) That would be funny. I think the handball tournament. We’ve been rooting that part of the Olympics on, but you know all jokes aside, I would love to see my brother play on the USA Men’s Basketball team. It definitely would be a bright spot in my day to see him go out and compete against those guys and watch them whoop up on him.
13. Sticking with basketball, recently Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan had a spat in the media debating the ‘dream team’ label and whether this years’ team could beat the ’92 team. Any take on that?
Mike: Me and my brother are huge Kobe Bryant fans, so you know we’re going to side with Kobe. We’re big time Lakers fans, but you know Michael Jordan is the greatest player to ever play the game. Kobe is in the discussion, but both guys are very well respected. Hearing them argue is just amazing for us, because we’ve been watching those guys since we were little kids.
14. As a Canadian, I have to ask what your thoughts are on the Lakers signing Steve Nash?
Maurkice: We’re hoping for big things this year, I mean I remember when Steve Nash first signed, my brother called me and I didn’t even know yet. He said, go to your first store, make sure it’s a Lakers jersey and make sure it says Nash on the back – I said WHAT? I’m glad he’s part of the team. We’re definitely going to fly out there for a game this year.
15. Would you like to see football added to the Olympics? It might bring new meaning to the term ‘dream team’.
Mike: Putting football in the Olympics, that’d be tough man. We have a lot of great players in our league. We would have lots to pick from.
16. With the talent level being so deep, I tend to think you could probably field three teams and win the Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
Mike: (Laughing) Definitely.
17. So tell me a bit about the Duracell Challenge and how you both have been working together to help Team USA.
Maurkice: Team Duracell is doing a great job with the Olympics this year – trying to get the American fans to reach out to the Olympians and cheer them on. We’ve really enjoyed working together.