The most important thing to remember is that your man cave is a state of mind. It doesn’t need to be fancy or cost a lot of money; you just need to find a place within your home that you can call your own.
Spaces like spare bedrooms, basements, garages, attics, and backyard sheds are all acceptable real estate to support your man cave.
Once you have your spot, you’ll want to make it manly. There are no limits on how much you spend or how you choose to furnish it. You just need to fill it with stuff you like.
Some man cave tips:
- Your man cave should be large enough to entertain friends.
- There should be more than one piece of entertainment at all times.
- Consider things like lighting, colors, temperature, and ventilation. This will affect the hangout-ability of your man cave.
- There should be plenty of comfortable seating.
- Make sure you have adequate privacy.
- Make sure that you have adequate electrical outlets and proper cable/satellite/internet connections.
Here is a classic man cave, equipped with a pool table, big screen and full bar.
Can’t decide between a night in our a night on the town? The problem is solved in this nightclub-themed man cave.
…Or you could always turn your entire place into a man cave.
If you’re into classic arcade games and have extra room in your garage, this one’s for you.