Not only is Suits a critically-acclaimed show about lawyers, lying, drugs, and bromance, it has one of the best looking casts in television history (Rachel Zane, am I right?) and the slick writing to match.
With characters that have their own way of thinking (and doing things), the show is ripe with advice.
Here are ten things you can learn from the USA Network’s best new drama.
1. “Get your shit together” – Harvey Specter to Mike Ross
Nobody wants to hear this, but sometimes they have to. Mike, for example, had to. Idiot.
2. “Revenge is the best revenge” – Louis Litt
Once in awhile, you have to get back at someone.
Your roommate asked your little sister on a date? You have every right to TP his bedroom. Go for it.
3. “Let’s just say that actions have consequences.” – Mike Ross
You should already know this. If you’re going to go for it (see #2), be aware that your roommate could get you back.
4. “You don’t make major life decisions when you’re reeling from a loss.” – Jessica Pearson
Think about the people that get tattoos immediately after their dog dies. Always think things through.
5. “People are who they are.” – Mike Ross
It’s no fun being bummed-out every time someone disappoints you. So don’t let it happen.
Accept the situation, and move forward. You’ll either expect it the next time, or ensure there isn’t a next time.
6. “Lying to me doesn’t protect me. It betrays me.” – Harvey Specter
Lying isn’t cool. You won’t fool everybody all the time. In fact, you’ll end up in a worse position than when you started.
7. “I don’t know what imaginary world you’re skipping in right now but it’s time you joined us in the real world.” – Harvey Specter
Get your head out of the clouds. Realize what’s going on around you, and live in the now.
8. “Sometimes good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay.” – Harvey Specter
You gotta do what you gotta do. Just remember #3.
9. “Winners stick it out when the other side plays the game.” – Harvey Specter
Just because you’re on the winning team doesn’t mean you can take it easy.
Always be on your A-game. Don’t let your guard down. You might be on top, but you can always be knocked off.
You’re the best? Keep it that way.
10. “You don’t send a puppy to clean up its own mess.” – Harvey Specter
You can’t always expect people to fix their own mistakes. Sometimes, you have to step up.
Accept it, embrace it, and learn from it.
Written by: Aidan Ryan